It is the policy of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Northern Kentucky, Diocese of Covington that members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director will disclose any activities that could result in a possible conflict of interest.
- Members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director will be given a copy of the Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedures upon election/appointment/or initiation of employment.
- The Executive Director will ensure that all members of the Board of Directors, complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (168 kb pdf file) during the first month of their appointment/election. The Questionnaire will then be updated on an annual basis.
- The Diocesan Council President will ensure that the Executive Director complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Exhibit A) during the first month of their appointment/employment. The Questionnaire will then be updated on an annual basis.
- Any individual having a conflict of interest or possible conflict of interest as discovered through the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire or subsequently should not vote or use personal influence on the matter. Minutes of meetings should reflect that a disclosure was made and note the abstention from voting.
- Any conflict of interest or possible conflict of interest on the part of an individual should be disclosed to the Members of the Board of Directors when it becomes a matter of possible Diocesan Council action.
- The forgoing requirement should not be construed as to prevent an individual from briefly stating his/her position in the matter since his/her knowledge may be of assistance to the Council.