Position: Volunteer Coordinator (part-time)
Reports To: Assistance Office Manager
Reporting to our Assistance Office Personnel and being a part of our charitable acts group, our Volunteer Coordinator works with internal staff to understand areas where we could use volunteer help and with the community to fill those roles that help us serve our neighbors in need. This individual works with our staff, clients and Vincentians to ensure that we provide the highest level of service to those we are blessed to serve.
Works under the direction of our Assistance Office Personnel to help create an effective and efficient Volunteer service program.
- Coordinates with all internal departments to gather information and to build a database of jobs requiring volunteer support. Will need to establish themselves as a regular point of contact.
- Engages with the community on volunteer opportunities-including schools and local businesses.
- Keep detailed records for all volunteers. This includes volunteer names, origin of volunteer, number of hours, type of volunteer work and contact information.
- Works with CMS (Client Management System) for call center and assists conference members with questions.
- Supports all seasonal service programs such as Vincent’s Angels, Coat Distributions, and Summer Breeze, as well as Pantry, which is year-round.
- Responds to client food and material needs following SVDP policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to greet co-workers, volunteers, and clients and create a welcoming impression on them.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and perform while handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
- Able to lift 25 pounds on a random basis.
- Able to understand and fully comply with all company safety directives and operating policies and procedures.
Please send resume to email@example.com or mail to St. Vincent de Paul NKY, Attn: Human Resources, 2655 Crescent Springs Road, Covington KY 41017.