News & Events
Here is how your gifts have helped those in need during this stressful time:
May 15, 2020
We are working hard to prepare for our re-opening!
We will open May 26th for our voucher customers by appointment and on June 1st to the general public!
If you have a voucher to redeem, please call our help line at 859-341-3219 to make your appointment!
May 15, 2020
During this downtime, we have taken the opportunity to make some much needed repairs to our Erlanger facility so that we are safe and ready to serve when we reopen to the public.
Thank you to the following funders that provided the necessary funding prior to the economic shutdown to allow us to undertake this work: The Spaulding Foundation, RC Durr Foundation, L & L Nippert Foundation, Ruth J. and Robert A. Conway Foundation, Charles and Ruth Seligman Family Foundation and Bavarian Waste.
May 11, 2020
We would like to thank Be Concerned for providing protein for our food pantry through the end of May. This food helps supplement our pantry and is distributed to our neighbors in need during the drive-thru food pantry on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This collaboration is made possible through the Horizon Community Funds of Northern Kentucky Community Response Fund. We are grateful to work with such a wonderful organization like Be Concerned. Thank You! #KentuckyStrong
April 29, 2020
These are challenging times for us all, and we hope everyone is in good spirits and health! Right now, we’re doing everything possible to provide services to our community. While there’s a lot of uncertainty, we have adapted quickly to our changing reality. Because of our generous donors, we are grateful to be in a situation which allows us to respond to the increased needs of our neighbors during this crisis.
Please see below some important updates and good news!
- We have helped our neighbors keep up with their basic financial obligations during this unprecedented time. Since the shelter in place order was issued, we’ve provided nearly $60,000 in emergency rent and utility assistance to 670 of our neighbors in need. This includes $8,000 in emergency financial assistance to new areas where we’ve expanded our coverage.
- The call to serve in areas of expanded coverage has provided an opportunity for Vincentian volunteers from across Northern Kentucky to forge new friendships as they come together in service. Growing in faith through personal relationships is a unique component of our ministry. We are blessed to see how this continues despite the need to maintain our physical distance.
- Just within the past 30 days, the demand for food has increased by 156%. Our drive-thru Erlanger food pantry has provided $40,000 in food, serving almost 3,000 people in need. Our Vincentian volunteers have provided an additional $35,000 in groceries with those neighbors who fall within their parish boundaries. Thanks to the generous support of our donors and valued partnerships in our community, we’ve been able to keep pace with the increased demand.
- In addition to requests for basic expenses and food, we continue to provide beds to children, the elderly and disabled and we are preparing for Summer Breeze, our summer heat relief program. Our new Microloan program and Partners for Prosperity, our new mentorship program for Life Learning Center graduates, are also active during this time.
- Lastly, we are closely watching guidance from our local and federal leaders to re-open our thrift store operations. We have begun documenting our SAFE AT WORK plan for all three facilities. We expect to open in phases as recommended, slowly bringing our team back to the stores and donation center. We are committed to a healthy and safe environment for our team and for our customers.
We are overcome with gratitude for all of the generous donations we have received. Thank you to all of our donors for your continued support and encouragement. We are truly blessed to serve and we could not do that without your help.
P.S. Please watch our website at www.svdpnky.org and social media pages for updates as we move forward.
April 13, 2020
We are partnering with Freestore Foodbank to provide emergency food boxes to those in need. Read our Press Release on this event, here.
The distribution will be held on Wednesday, April 15th, from 9 am to 11 am, at our Erlanger thrift store. All are welcomed!
April 4, 2020
Our food pantries, located in Erlanger and Falmouth, were featured on Channel 12 News. Check out the news story HERE.
March 29, 2020
We ask that you please hold your donations at this time. We are taking a temporary pause on accepting material donations at our thrift stores so we can do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
March 20, 2020
We would like to thank the Florence Meijer for donating funds to help stock our food pantry during a high time of need for our neighbors.
March 19, 2020
We are now selling items online through our Thrift Store Facebook Page and our eBay Page, check it out! When you shop at our thrift stores you are supporting your Northern Kentucky neighbors in need.
March 17, 2020
Our Response to COVID-19
Out of concern for our employees, our customers and our neighbors we serve, SVDP NKY will temporarily close our thrift stores beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18 through March 31. *Update: We are still closed through the month of April.* This temporary closing will enable us to play our part in following recommended social distancing practices and will give us the opportunity to thoroughly clean and disinfect our facilities.
The following operations will continue:
-The call center will be open Monday through Friday between 10 and 2. If you are in need of emergency assistance, please call 859-341-3219.
-Our drive-thru food pantry in Erlanger will be open Tuesdays from 9 until noon and from 3 until 5 and on Thursdays from 9 until noon. Our Falmouth food pantry will be open Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm. For Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties, we will begin limited food delivery next week to those who cannot leave their homes. Stay tuned for more details.
-Voucher redemption’s in our stores will be available by appointment. If you have a voucher for clothing, furniture or housewares, please call our helpline to schedule an appointment.
-You can still donate your vehicle to help our efforts. Please contact Vicki Dinterman at email@example.com to arrange a time.
We thank you for your understanding. We truly appreciate your partnership in helping our neighbors in need. We will miss seeing all of you often, but please do keep in touch with us via our mailing list and social media. Now, go wash your hands and stay healthy!
Listen to Warm 98 Live to hear our store commercial!
Tune into Sacred Heart Radio Live to listen to our commercial!